29 July 2013

Weekly Wishes #7

Weekly Wishes
Last weeks wish was to figure stuff out. Since last Monday I'm feeling way better, so I think it must have just been one of those days - good stuff!

I also got all my Comic Con and Nerd Machine panels watched which led to the best moment of geekery in our home since we moved in. If you're a fellow Batfan then watch this:


Big woots and air punches are still going on in my household over this, Peter and I have geeked out many times :)

I also loved all of the Nerd Machine's Conversations for a Cause this year, as I have done for the previous two years it's been running. Each year Nerd HQ raises ridiculous amounts of money for Operation Smile a charity that goes in to developing countries and helps children with cleft lips and cleft palates. It's an amazing charity so go check it out. This year my favourite conversation was with Alan Tudyk and Nathan Fillion, they both sat for an hour or so answering fans questions and auctioning off some random stuff they found at home in order to raise even more money - totally amazing. Have a watch and try not to fall in love with the whole thing.


So with the warm 'n' fuzzies in our bellies after watching that I'll move on to this Week's Wish. Last week Crystal over at The Happy Type posted about a fitness regime she had going. As with all fitness regime's I thought "I can do that", but then in walked the negativity, right in to my brain - how rude! "You can't because you never stick with any routine, blah blah blah". Then Melyssa over at The Nectar Collective posted about non comformity and how we should stop letting our past behaviour and experiences dictating what we do now. It was like both of these ladies were in my noggin telling me to get a grip and get it done!

Well I'm listening because this week/month I'm challenging myself to a 30 day arm challenge, why not start with the one thing that bothers me the most. Plus I'm going to try and get to the pool at least once a week during my challenge so I can at least try and get my stamina and strength back... wish me luck!

//Website//Twitter//Facebook//

No comments: