1 July 2013

Weekly Wishes #3

Weekly Wishes

I'm loving this series of posts as it is really pushing me forward in my goal of being more positive. I'm going to try my best to keep this up for a full year and reflect back on how my outlook has changed on life, for what can only be the better.

The best thing about it is that even if you don't complete your goal, you have at least taken a positive step forward and tried it. Again, I haven't finished my review, but that's because I want to do the best job I can and its taking longer than I thought it would.

Last week's wishes were to complete the RC car shell that I designed for a friend » Check. It's all tidied up and ready for painting. And my second goal was to practice mindfulness for at least five minutes every day in order to boost my creative thinking.  I'll be honest and say I didn't do it every day, but for 3 days out of the week I sat for about ten minutes instead of five so it kind of balances itself out.

Mindfulness I didn't really use the time to focus on creativity either. On Tuesday morning I read this article on TinyBuddha.com and thought it was fantastic. I gave the tips on meditation a go and felt so chilled out afterwards. It's fairly addictive so I'll be keeping this practice up. To be honest it was good to be using the technique not to channel some creativity, but just to sit, relax and just feel completely still. I couldn't think of one particular place so I chose my favourite painting and tried to imagine what it would be like sitting in it. I know the painting by heart so it helped to focus on individual parts of it at a time. I definitely recommend giving the article a read and the tips a shot.

Moving on to this week's wishes.

I'm putting the meditation/mindfulness practice in again, but I'm not going to put a number on it. As long as I take the time to try it this week I'm happy. I'm also going to make a list this week with one positive thing from each day. There will hopefully be more than that, but I'm only going to list one so that by next week's wishes I have 7 positive things to share with you all.

What are your Weekly Wishes? Link up over at The Nectar Collective to share and don't forget to check out Melyssa and Chelsea's new project The Snail Mail Collective that I posted about here on Friday.
 
//Website//Twitter//Facebook//

No comments: