14 June 2013

New Directions and Being Positive

Lately I've been thinking of the directions I'd like DaisyBisley to take. I've been doing tattoos for so long now that it was beginning to feel like a different kind of commission would never appear. Luckily the lovely Katherine at Meltemi Dive came along and asked for two t-shirt designs, a fantastic change of scene that pushed me right outside my comfort zone.

Now, hungry for more and looking for new ground to cover, I have finally put a ten year old idea in to action - greetings cards. It seems more and more folk are getting in to this area, making me wish I had just got my ass in gear all those years ago and done it. Alas I was just finishing high school and was more interested in the year off I was about to take before uni. 

Flash forward to a few weeks ago when words started to appear in my sketchbook and it hit me - You really should put these words on cards, someone might just like them.


What do you think? Are these the kind of card ideas you'd be interested in? I'll post more designs posted in the coming weeks as things get rolling. I'm feeling positive about this, even more so thanks to a fantastic post found in my feed yesterday morning over on The Nectar Collective.

Sometimes positivity is a little hard to come by. It's not that I'm a pessimist or depressed, I just get a little blue sometimes due to the pressure I put myself under to be awesome at art and life. I was always told as an artist you'll never be 100% satisfied with your work, but sometimes it just takes over and all my work will go in the bin - ridiculous and a terrible habit that needs to be broken. Needless to say I will be looking through Melyssa's post every morning from now on to give myself a good boot up the ar*e!!

How do you stay positive? Read 15 Tips for Being Positive here.
 
//Website//Twitter//Facebook//

Don't forget to leave your blog link in the comments 
 

No comments: