30 March 2010

The Busy Week!!

Over the last week or so I have come to the realisation that I am becoming obsessed with cupcakes, I saw these the other day and had to buy 2 pairs! They were only a £1 (I'm also obsessed with bargains!)



I love my new cupcake socks. I'm also always fighting the urge to bake them, when I should be working, luckily though I have 2 batches to make on Thursday so that should tide me over for a wee while!!!

This week has been lining up to be a very busy one!

Last week I went to work and my boss said that she needed some corsages made for her summer collection photo shoot on the 10th April, and gave me the opportunity to try my hand at them!
I've made small rose brooches before, but nothing like what Anna wanted. So from last Tuesday I knew this week was going to be a bit scary, so I am a bit happy I'm only working in the theatre one day this week, lol!

So I got given lots of fabric and beads etc, to help me on my quest to create a pretty, but edgy corsage! I've got lace, satin, netting and an old sequined piece to cut up and go nuts with...





I've been stressing out a wee bit over it as I do want to impress Anna a bit, and I hope she likes what I do. She gave me a rough idea of what she wants, I just hope I can pull it off!! I'll be posting pics when they are done!

In looking for some rats tail for the corsages, I went to Mandors and found these 2 lovely fabrics...





The cupcake one, I used for an apron, which I'll use on Thursday when baking all the cakes for the go karting and Peter's birthday! Pics to follow cos I haven't taken any yet.



This is the pattern I've had lying about for almost a year now, waiting to be used. I made the one on the right with the gathered waist. Can't wait to get some pics of it, I love it!

For the other fabric, I want to make a new skirt as I have one of my (many) wee cousin's first communion coming up and could do with a new outfit :D
Again, I've had this book sitting about for ages waiting for an excuse to use it and now I finally am going to! So, I've picked a simple knee length A line skirt, but I'm going to add a bit of ruffled netting/tulle at the bottom. So far I've drafted the pattern according to the book just need to work out the placement on the fabric and where to put the zip... and to buy a zip lol!
It's also an excuse to get the dressmakers dummy out, woot!



Something to be sad about this week, Glee finished. Although I saw them all ages ago, I watched the last one again last night, only 3 weeks to wait now! Can't wait! I also got the 2 volumes of the soundtracks... brilliant!

Another thing to be excited about this week... Ashes to Ashes starts on Friday!! Fire up the Quattro folks the Gene Genie is back!!

Thanks for reading
Daisy*B
xXx

No comments: