7 January 2014

A Look Back


2013 was a great (and stressful) year. Peter and I moved in to our very own home, after nine months being out of work I was offered a great job, my freelance worked picked up to a point where I could barely keep track of it, but I managed and learned a lot in the process. Most importantly, however, is that my outlook has changed greatly over the past year.

Had I written the previous paragraph at the beginning of January 2013 it would have gone something like this: I lost my job and spent nine months unemployed being turned down by every job I applied for. This got so bad that I was convinced I was obviously terrible at what I do and almost gave up on my freelance work which ended up almost impossible to keep on top of.

I can't tell you how awesome it feels to have changed that! I still have a ways to go yet, but it feels fantastic that I've been able to make that one change - to see the positives when before I would concentrate on the negatives.

With this in mind, there are a lot of posts I've written in the last year that I'm very proud of so I thought it might be a good idea to share some as a little retrospective on my blogging growth and to keep the positivity flowing around here.

In 2013 I met some amazing folk. Three in particular have been a constant source of encouragement, support and inspiration. Whether they know it or not, they helped me a great deal in changing my outlook and becoming more positive and I'm so grateful to them. So I'm also sharing a couple of posts from each of these great bloggers that have helped me during the last year - a positive naming and shaming if you like ;)


My Favourite Posts of 2013
How to Keep Calm and Focused While Working Freelance

Five Things We Can Learn From Rocky
Embrace Your Inner Geek
Blogging 101 - What I've Learned So Far
Make It So

And now for a couple of my favourite posts from the lovely ladies I was telling you about

The Happy Type
Crystal at The Happy Type
Protecting Your joy
Work It Out

***

The Nectar Collective
Melyssa at The Nectar Collective
15 Tips for Being Positive

The Rules of Positivity

***

http://www.chimerikal.com/
Erika at Chimerikal
Throwing Away My Bucket List
The Middles



//Website//Twitter//Facebook//

No comments: